In 2010 I managed to read 53 books. In 2011, I read 46 books. In 2012, I read 44 books. While this is called the “100+ Books Challenge”, all I really want to achieve this year is reading more than I did last year. If I can beat 2010, I’ll be supremely happy. Again this year, I’ll be including literary journals, but only if I read them cover-to-cover.
1. The goal is to read 100 or more books. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn’t count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2013. Books started before the 1st do not count.
Here I will post books I’ve read, along with a link to its review (if I write/wrote one)…
1. Joyful Strains: Making Australia Home, ed. Kent MacCarter and Ali Lemer
2. Wheat Belly, by William Davis, MD.
3. The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
4. The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
6. ACT With Love, by Russ Harris
7. The Wild Girl, by Kate Forsyth
8. Sweet Poison, by David Gillespie
9. Please Look After Mother, by Kyung-Sook Shin
10. And the Mountains Echoed, by Khaled Hosseini
11. Out of Shape, by Mel Campbell
12. Lucky Peach, Spring 2012
13. Get Jiro! by Anthony Bourdain
14. Big Breasts and Wide Hips, by Mo Yan
15. Burial Rites, by Hannah Kent
16. Just Between Us, ed. Maya Linden
17. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking Bk 1), by Patrick Ness
18. Me and Mr Booker, by Cory Taylor
19. Relish: My Life in the Kitchen, by Lucy Knisley
20. Madness: A Memoir, by Kate Richards
21. High Sobriety, by Jill Stark
22. Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
23. Inheritance, by Balli Kaur Jaswal
24. How The Light Gets In, by MJ Hyland
25. Fuck You, I Was Ducking, by Jo Day
26. The Orchard of Lost Souls, by Nadifa Mohamed
27. Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
28. The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert
29. Holiday In Cambodia, by Laura Jean McKay
30. Every Love Story is a Ghost Story: A Life of David Foster Wallace, by DT Max
31. Tampa, by Alissa Nutting
32. Murder in Mississippi, by John Safran
33. Marbles, by Ellen Forney